The Talkin’ Headline Blues is a weekly series of recordings using unedited headlines from CNN.com written as a song. This week’s topic: Trump Snakes.
Listen to this week’s Talkin’ Headline to hear the hiss of Trump snakes
Talkin’ Headline haiku
11 official Trump snakes.
Vote sparks history exercise.
Killing orcas and people.
How video takes you.
Have you ever seen a snake in it’s natural habitat? Better yet, have you ever seen one somewhere that it doesn’t belong?
I saw a diamondback rattlesnake out west in Arizona on a trip with my family last summer. I still think about the way it undulated in the desert sand. How quick it scuttled out of view under a scraggle of brush.
I often wonder what that snake would do if it had to sit at a desk all day, or if it had to sign papers that it was unable to comprehend. I bet it’d get pretty bored and filled with anxiety. It might even lash out and tug at the arm of a visiting dignitary from a foreign country. Just to make it feel at home.
Either way, I’m sure the snake would be able to maintain it’s leathery and scaly skin, due to the many hours spent alone in the barren wastes of the desert.
Headlines used for this recording
- 11 dead in Russia blast
- Melania Trump’s official portrait
- Fired Trump adviser omitted Russia pay
- Hunting for snakes in the Everglades
- Graham booed over Gorsuch vote
- ‘Fresh Prince’ photo sparks reunion hopes
- How to protect your browsing history
- How much exercise do I really need?
- Stress really is killing us
- Up close and personal with orcas
- Steph Curry and the ladies in his life
- The island where people forget to die
- How brewers make inflight beers
- Video shows sailboat capsize into pier
- DREAMer: Undocumented immigrants pay taxes too
- How Russia hacks you